Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Free Pringles are the Best Way to Make Friends
My roommate Mekala had her friend Seamus spending a few nights at our place while he was in town. He is going to travel the world in the course of ten months, and he made Ireland is his first. Mekala had to write a paper, so I took Seamus with me and a girl from Hobart named Brittany to the Crane Bar. When we got to the Crane, it was an older crowd for sur,e but there
were a accordion player and a fiddle player in the corner playing some good traditional Irish music. The three of us got
drinks (I got a Bulmer's hard cider) and we listened and chatted. Afterwards, we went into a
convenience store on the street for some reason I can’t remember. I saw a section of Pringles
and I instantly knew that I needed some. We each bought a tube of Pringles and
walked into town. We knew that we wouldn’t be able to get inside anywhere with
our own food, so we just walked the streets and offered Pringles to everyone we
saw. A lot of people either ignored us or said no and gave us a strange look.
But there were some who were very excited about the idea, and after asking if
they were drugged, happily took some and we would start a conversation. We
met these two girls, Suzie and someone else, who decided that we were their new
best friends. We walked together in a group, because they wanted to go to
Carbon (a dance club) and we were going to start heading home both they were in the same
direction. We got to Carbon and stood around for a bit talking and exchanging
numbers with them. I ran into Marcus, a guy I met who showed me how to get to the
Quadrangle on campus, and I gave him some Pringles. By the time we got home,
our Pringles were gone, but it was a great way to spend a tube of Pringles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment