Today is Arthur Guiness Day,
which is the celebration of Arthur Guiness’s birthday in 1759. To celebrate,
people go out into the streets with a pint of Guiness and make a toast at 5:59
(17:59 in Irish time) and then drink for the rest of the night. I had class
though, so I couldn't do this. Instead, Seamus makes me a Bailey’s coffee before hand and convinces me bring a can of his Guiness with me to my Creative Writing seminar class, so I can drink it afterwards on my way
to town. Around 5:45, a German girl’s alarm goes off next to me and she pulls
out a four pack of Guiness and asks if it’s okay if she drinks her toast to
Arther at 5:59. The professor is completely fine with this so I pull mine out
and the two of us make a toast and drink our beers in class. It felt pretty
badass I must say. After class I exchange numbers with the German girl whose
name is Lisa and who might actually be Dutch. I’m not really sure. I go into
town and meet up with Emily and another American on the Frisbee team named
Jenna. We go into the King’s Head where we only stay for a little bit since
it’s packed. I’m feeling a bit tipsy from my Bailey’s and Guiness so I
decide to wait till the next place to order a drink. I know that's not very Irish of me, but I wanted to enjoy the night without getting sick. We then go to a smaller
place called Neactains. I order a pint of Bulmer’s and we go outside to sit
under the awning because it is raining. We meet up with several other members of the frisbee team. Basically I'm an honorary member since I go to all of their parties. Emily and I go to the place nextdoor and order a slice of ham
pizza to share because it smells so good from where we're sitting. We bring it back to the outdoor table
where everyone is. After we finish, everyone goes to a pub called Kelly’s, where we spend the rest of our night having fun until it's time for beddy-bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment